CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday 11 March 2012

*Project Life - some January pages*


Well hello there...it has certainly been a while since I was last on here! I think it's fair to say that i'm not too great at this bloggin malarkey!

I'm here now though and I bring you the first half of my January Project Life pages :) I have totally jumped on the PL bandwagon this year and so far I am loving it!
Last year I created a Doc 2011 album which consisted of 1 calendar page, 1 layout page and 2 divide page protector pages (split into 4x6 slots) and I loved the end product. I had to move it into 2 albums as 1 album couldn't fit it all.
This year I decided that I wanted to create a yearly album(s) again, especially as I get married this July and lots has been happening with this. After lots of reading on the Studio Calico blog and other places, I decided PL was for me and I went for it!

I decided that it would be too much work for me to create a 2 page spread for each week - I just don't have the time to do that every week. Instead I have gone for doing it monthly and have as many pages/inserts as needed!

So here are the first half of my January pages (there's a few so be warned!):


So this is the first pages of my album! I have started to create the front cover page but it's not completely finished yet. The first page shows bits and pieces from the first few days in the new year - I included some things from our Hogmanay e.g our table sign and an advertisement for the evening. The little photo shows the weather outside on the 1st January and hoping that this is not a sign for the rest of the year, lol!
On the right had side, you can see a divider page - I have made one of these for each of the months and love how it adds a different dimension and size to the album!


Here is a close up of the back of the divider page. We went to see Snow Patrol in Aberdeen and this is a photo of the set list they played. I printed this photo out as a 12x6 photo and love it!



This photo shows the rest of that right hand page that was hidden underneath the divider page. I included our tickets from our flight home from Ireland, also a little bit about Christmas gifts we received from my folks when we got home to Scotland. The last few slots show decorations being put away but also a lovely new laptop we bought ourselves for Christmas :)


Over the page shows some details of our wedding prep - mainly the kilts :) Also a picture of a display the kids in my class made at school and then a few daily life things such as the dreaded dentist...



Here I switched things up by adding in a 12x6 divider page - this shows our Snow Patrol tickets and some photos from the gig. The photos aren't of a great quality as we were so far away but I stuck them in anyway.

And here we have  the back side of the Snow Patrol divider page! Again a ticket, photo and then a bit of journalling about it - that was the 7th time I had been to see them!


And here we have the page that is underneath the Snow Patrol divider. I want to try to include bits of news in my PL album as well as the normal every day happenings - here I journalled about the Italian cruise ship disaster. A few photos at the bottom to show new boots (yay) and reading on my Kindle. I am still undecided as to whether I prefer that or a book?!

So that's the first half of the pages - I think if I was to add anymore, this post would be massive! I shall try to get back and post the rest of January soon :)

Kirsty x

4 comments:

  1. OMG Kirsty theses pages are fab. So glad you are sharing them with us. I love all the little details you put on your pages, and the mixture of pages protectors is a great idea.

    Looking forward to seeing the 2nd half and your February pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pages. They are gorgeous!! Can't wait to see more xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you include some many titles and wording. I'm inspired to do that on my next spread!

    ReplyDelete